By hiring our (Helpers NZ Limited trading as Sober Cabs hereafter referred to as Sober Cabs, us, we, our) services whether in person, over the phone or via our website, you (the customer) agree to our terms of services. We believe in excellent customer service and satisfaction therefore all our drivers follow a strict code of conduct to make sure you and your vehicle arrive at the destination safe and sound. Should you have any complaints about your driver please do not hesitate to contact us.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- We will do everything in our control to get you and your vehicle to the destination safe and sound. All the drivers are vetted when they apply for their passenger endorsement license. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to contact us.
- It is customer’s responsibility to have a tidy, safe to drive, with valid WOF/COF, valid rego and full insurance cover.
- Our drivers may refuse to take a job upon arrival if they feel the vehicle is unsafe to drive or if they receive any abuse or threats. At the end of the day, we would like both our drivers and passengers arrive home safe and sound.
- We are a fully licensed business and all our drivers who drive customer vehicles have Passenger endorsement which is required by New Zealand law.
- In case of an accident the driver (or Sober Cabs) shall not be liable for any damage and/or loss and/or fee. However, the drivers will make every effort in their control to avoid accidents.
- We currently offer services to Waikato region ONLY. All the jobs must have either the pick up or destination as Hamilton otherwise we may not be able to do the job.
- We do accept jobs outside Hamilton and Waikato however that requires advance booking and a chat with us as extra charges may apply. See Service Fee (Pricing) below for details.
provision of service
- Advance booking is required for all the jobs during the operating hours, otherwise we may not accept the job. However, we will attempt to accommodate requests as they come in when drivers are available. Please note, due to high cost we do not have 24/7 on call drivers however we can arrange drivers for jobs at any hour if notice is given to Sober Cabs.
- We do not carry passengers in Sober Cabs’ chase vehicle.
service fee (pricing)
Below is a detailed break down of the fare. Your total fare is calculated as base fare + per KM + per minute = total fare. A minimum fare of $50.00 applies on all bookings.
Base fare: $15.00 (non-refundable)
+ Per KM: $3.50
+ Per minute: $0.00
+ Waiting time: $0.00 – we don’t charge waiting fee. Please see our waiting policy below.
Extra charges apply for fares starting and ending outside nearest drivers’ base area. For clarity purpose, if you request a job from Ohaupo (which is serviced by Hamilton drivers) traveling to Cambridge. A travel fee of $1.20 per KM from Hamilton to starting/destination (whichever is closer) will apply.
We do not charge a waiting time and offer a generous 10 minutes, free of charge, waiting time to our customers after our arrival. However, if the clients don’t show up within 10 minutes – our drivers will leave.
- All online bookings require at least 2 hours notice (the booking system will automatically adjust the time 2 hours ahead of the current time). We may not be able to accept a booking if we do not get enough notice and are subject to drivers availability.
- When booking online, the quickest route is automatically chosen and sometimes the quickest route is not the shortest. The booking system speculates the traffic using Google Traffic in the back-end and chooses the quickest route at the time of checking the price. Therefore you may see different prices when checking the price at different times and you will be charged as per the chosen route by the booking system.
- When booking online we accept all major credit and debit cards. Your card is charged only once we have confirmed the booking. Eftpos is available. We do accept cash and receipts can be provided on request.
- If you are booking a driver all fees must be paid in advance over the phone. We DO NOT send drivers out unless customer has authorised a payment using a debit/credit card when booking over the phone.
- When paying cash, if our drivers don’t have exact change, the amount will be rounded up to five dollars.
- If you are a company and require a one-off or regular driver services we can setup an account and invoice the company.
- We accept direct credit to our bank account however your booking will only be confirmed once we have received the payment which can, depending on you bank, take couple of days.
- We are not collecting GST.
- We reserve the rights to contact a debt collection agency if a customer is not willing to pay after sufficient number of reminders.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION
- We understand that customer’s plan change and we understand if they would like to cancel the booking. We can cancel the booking at anytime however cancellation fees may apply. All refunds are applied to source of the payment and refunds can take up to 5 days to show up on your account.
|TIME UNTIL PICKUP||CANCELLATION FEE|
$15.00 pick up in Hamilton
$20.00 pick up outside Hamilton
$20.00 pickup Hamilton
$40.00 pick up outside Hamilton
|LESS THAN 2 HOURS||No refund|
|NO SHOW||No refund|
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- contact information (phone number)
- location (pick up and destination addresses)
- computer or network
- interactions with us (via phone or electronic)
- billing or purchase information
- Physical or mailing address (for billing & complaint purposes)
We collect your personal information in order to:
- deliver services
- provide quotes for the service
- promote and market Sober Cabs products and services
We do not collect or store
- Credit card information (we don’t collect or store, neither electronically nor physically, credit card information. All payments, via online booking and/or over the phone are processed by Stripe that fully complies with merchant services standards.)
Besides our staff, we share limited information with:
- Driver Partners in order to allow them provide services to customers. We hire independent driver service providers to provide dial a driver services to our clients.
- NZ Law Enforcing Agencies such as NZ Police and/or NZ Transport Agency maybe provided your personal information in case of an incident/complaint.
- Debt Collection Agencies help Sober Cabs collect the debts that customers do not pay after a sufficient number of notices. We may, if you owe Sober Cabs money, provide your details to a debt collection agency in order to collect the debt.
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter your contact details and location, we’ll be unable to provide services as those information is required.
In case of a complaint, NZTA requires us to keep the data at least for two years.
We keep your information safe by storing it on highly secure server off premise and only allowing certain staff to access it .
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at [email protected], or 0800433533.
CHANGE OF TERMS